From Crashcourse Wiki
A collection of semi-organized notes related to my playing with an Arrow SoCKit evaluation board, particularly including my building a bootable system for it using Yocto Project/OpenEmbedded.
RocketBoards (mostly Wiki) links:
- Main page
- SoCKit page
- How to Boot Linux
- Altera Yocto Project User Manual
- Linux Getting Started on Altera SoC Development Board - Using Yocto Source Package
- Linux - Getting Started Using Git Trees
Be careful in that some of the Yocto documentation seems to be incorrect.
Download links and sites
Development host tools
Besides what's mentioned in the intro guide:
- Install and use screen as opposed to minicom, and run:
$ screen /dev/ttyUSB0 57600
- If you're building your own kernel, make sure you build the USB/serial module ftdi_sio for console access.
Internal wiki pages
Links for building using OE/Yocto:
- The meta-altera layer provides its own tune-cortexa9.inc file, which seems like simply a subset of the one from OE Core. Why?
- How does one update U-Boot on the SD card? I suspect it's in that first unmountable partition.